Monday, January 22, 2007

Chinese Fast Food

So I was walking down Little Brazil Street in good ol' NYC (that's really the name of the street... it's also called 46th street. See, here's where the grid system fails. People just can't be content with their numbers. Instead they have this intense desire to throw some words in there too - hence, the double naming of streets). And what do I pass? A place called "Chinese Fast Food."

Before you ask, no, I didn't eat there. I'm still alive to write this post, aren't I?

Anyway, this sighting has raised several questions.

First, what is a Chinese place doing on Little BRAZIL Street. I think we have our continents confused.

Second... Chinese Fast Food... Isn't that redundant?

Third, if it isn't redundant, than how much faster can this fast food chinese food be than normal chinese food? What really defines fast food? Does this Chinese food get an extra dosage of grease thrown into it? I'm so confused.

Fourth, yes there's a fourth, does anyone actually eat at a place like this?!?

And fifth, just how many noodles are there in an average sized large carton of chicken lo mein?

I think I'll stop there.

Hey, thanks for the comments mis amigos. I appreciate it. HUGS and free (totally kosher) love!

1 comment:

Josh K said...

Glad to see your writing back online. I missed the myspace era, it seems. Anyway, looking forward to more from you.