Monday, November 9, 2009

Self-abstracted

Dancing in these tattered rags
I'm here, peeking through
Stitch the holes, patch me up
Plaster of Paris and I'm stiff again.
Who was I then, in those halycon days?
And would I ride the axis of time if I could?
I'm not trying to be cryptic, just ambiguous.
You understand.
Oh, and I don't want to be a pillar of sand.

Streched too far, maybe I'll tear
Grow me back stronger
And try me again
Show me the mountain, I promise to climb
Can't stop in case I don't start again
Momentum taking me, where was I going?
I'm not lost, just finding my way.
You understand.
Oh, and I just don't want to be the giving up sort.

Remember the time I didn't know the answer?
But I do, I think
It was hiding, behind a plastered wall
And I wonder if I should tear it down
And will it grow back stronger
I'm not trying to be sensitive, just cautious
You understand.
Oh, and I don't know if I'm ready yet.

No comments: